The newly released version (9.6) of Solibri Model Checker (SMC) includes an option to create presentation slides directly from information takeoff definitions. The Information Takeoff view in SMC is a perspective that allows a user to visualize and aggregate model components based on their property information. After generating an Information Takeoff, you might wish to generate a set of slides or views showing each row, or selective rows of the Information Takeoff results. These slides can remain in the model for later use in review sessions, or they can be exported in a formatted report.
The following article demonstrates this capability through a scheduling Information Takeoff that groups components based on their start dates of construction. In addition to automatic slide creation through Information Takeoff, version (9.6) introduced the entirely new ‘Date’ unit type. These separate new capabilities complement each other well in version (9.6). A more detailed explanation on date information in SMC can be found here:
To begin, run an Information Takeoff (ITO) and generate the results you would like to visualize (for help using ITO, select the video icon in the upper right corner of the Information Takeoff view to watch a short video explanation).
When done, the model should be color-coded based on the properties defined in the takeoff. In the example below, a takeoff has been run separating all model components by start date:
Select individual rows of the Takeoff to display the components built on each date, separately.
These individual row displays can be auto-generated as slides/views from the Communication Tab.
From the Communication Tab, select “Create Presentation.”
You will see the options to generate a slide “From Information Takeoff Results.”
The Presentation from Schedule Visualization Window dialog will open.
The following is a listing of the various options of the Presentation from Schedule visualization dialog:
- Create Issues From Rows:
- Create Issues from Rows: If you would like to see the views as they are displayed when selecting a single row in Information Takeoff, choose the option to view “Each Individual Row.”
- Include Previous Rows: Select this option if you would like the views to be cumulative, so the previous rows are added to the new view. For example, if you want the first slide to display the footing built on 2015-04-29 and the second slide to include both the footings and the columns that are built on 2015-04-29, choose the option to “Include Previous Rows.”
- Define Issue Details By Template Columns: These options allows the user to decide which Column from the Information Takeoff View will be used as the Title and Description for the slides/views.
- Components and Visualization
- Link Components to Issue: Components in the slide will be linked to the view for later use in the Detailed Report (XLS) option.
- Autozoom to Components: Positions the view as close-in as possible to fill the 3D window with the relevant components.
Under Create Issues From Rows, select Include Previous Rows, and then click Create.
The slides displayed now reflect the individual rows from the Information Takeoff. These slides will remain with the .SMC model for future use, and can also be exported via the “Report” button.
From Report, Select the XLS button and select Ok (For this example, we will generate an XLS report, but note that other options, such as PDF and BCF are available as well).
Excel will automatically open and display the new XLS report, reflecting the slideshow that has been generated in SMC using Information Takeoff.